ANOTHER PERFECT DAY IN KALK BAY...HOW WILL YOU SPEND IT?
• Take a stroll to the harbour wall to watch the seals frolic near the breakwater. Buy fresh fish off the fishing boats and prepare it al fresco on the barbecue at Harbour Place. Or stop at Kalkies for perfectly prepared fish & chips, prawns and calamari at a reasonable price, with seagulls overhead and the beautiful village of Kalk Bay and the Silvermine mountain as your backdrop.
• Walk down Main Road and visit the many little craft shops, art galleries, pottery studios, antique and book shops along the way.
• Feeling energetic? How about a visit to the Majestic Spa's gym (you enjoy free access when you stay at Harbour Place). After your workout, hop into the sauna or steam room and then have a quick dip in the pool.
• Fancy a swim in the sea? Take a 5 minute stroll to the tidal pool at Danger Beach, and do your laps in a safe corner of the Indian Ocean! Or walk another 5 minutes to St. James Beach with its famously colourful change rooms. The fantastic beaches of Fish Hoek and Muizenberg are just 20 minutes walk away - less than 5 minutes by car. You can easily get there by boarding the coastal train at Kalk Bay station, 20 metres from your front door.
• Hike through Fynbos in the Silvermine Reserve trail, which starts right behind The Majestic Village and takes you into the mountain and back.
• Board the train that takes you in the opposite direction, towards Cape Town. It's a 40 minute train ride that will take you all the way to the centre of Cape Town, where you can visit the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, the Flower Market, The Castle and even take the cable car up to Table Mountain if you have the time!
• If you have a car to your disposal, take a breathtakingly beautiful drive around Chapman's Peak towards Hout Bay, or go all the way to Cape Point.
• Succumb to the culinary delights of famous eateries like The Brass Bell, Harbour House, The Olympia Cafe and many more right here in Kalk Bay.
• Buy a good book at Kalk Bay books, a bookstore that specialises in rare finds, and spend a lazy afternoon on your private deck or on a lounger in the garden.